This statement sets out our policy relating to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of your personal information by us. References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this statement are references to GreyScan Pty Ltd ACN 602 503 640. Your personal information is important We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles guide us in our responsible handling of personal information.
Where possible, we collect information about you directly from you. We may also collect information from third parties including public sources, referrers, brokers, agents, your adviser(s) and our service providers including credit reporting bodies and information service providers.
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with products or services
- consider applications and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to taxation and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the products or services we provide or have provided to you
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- your name, contact details and identification information (including government-issued tax numbers)
- records of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- your enquiries or complaints.
How we usually use and disclose your personal information
We collect and hold personal information for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- process your account application
- respond to any specific requests you may make of us
- notify you of any products or services that may be of interest to you
- audit and monitor the products or services that we provide to you
- update your personal files
- enable us to meet our obligations under law, for example, the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and Australian taxation laws.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our agents, contractors or third party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other support services to us
- where the disclosure is required by law, for example to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes.
Access, accuracy, storage and security of your personal information
In most cases, you can gain access to your personal information which we hold, by contacting us.
We will take all reasonable steps necessary to secure any personal information which we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. If you think the information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us with the updated information.
We would like to provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers, investment opportunities and other information which we think you may find interesting.
We may send you such information by mail or telephone in accordance with the information you have provided to us. When you provide us with any personal information, you will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes. If you request this option, we will not send you any direct marketing.
We would also like to provide you with the information above by email.
If you are a customer or you have previously asked us for information on our products and services, we may send you information on our range of products and services by email, unless you have asked us not to do so. If the reason you have given us personal information is to receive email information from us, we will continue to provide this information by email unless you ask us not to do so. If, in providing us with your personal information you have agreed to us using such information to provide you with details of products or services that we consider may be of interest to you by email, we will continue to provide this information by email unless you ask us not to do so.
If you are a new customer, we will only send you marketing information by email if, as part of the registration for our on-line services, you have agreed to the receipt of marketing material from us on such a basis. If we are providing you with services or products, you will also be subject to the specific terms and conditions relating to that particular service and/or product and those terms and conditions will include additional information as to how we may contact you. We will continue to provide you with marketing material by specific methods of communication where you have signed up to the applicable preference service in respect of such method.
What do you do if you have a complaint or a question?
Tel: +61 (3) 9112 0333