No swab up the nose or in the back of the throat. GreyScan® TVD-2 is a non-invasive breathalyser to test for coronavirus with results in under 3 minutes.
Whilst the vaccine is being rolled out, it is clear we must implement a layered testing approach to augment the decrease in hospitalisations and increase in immunity in the community.
What is missing from the testing arena is the assessment of infectivity and whether an individual is carrying and passing live active viral particles in their breath.
- The testing for infectivity provides the ability to understand whether an individual is shedding active and infectious virus particles, and therefore presents an infectivity that can cause a super spreader event.
- The testing for infectivity provides the ability to differentiate between an individual who may be carry fragments or dead virus and one who is carrying live active virus.
- Current tests based on polymerase chain reaction (PCR), immunoassy or antibodies do not do this. Therefore it is possible to test positive with many of these tests when the individual is not carrying live particles and is therefore, not contagious or carries high infectivity.
The GreyScan® TVD-2 is being designed to leverage the clinical medicine approach to lung disease analysis, where breath sampling is a routine process, especially if we consider the facdt that the lungs themselves act as a huge sampling surface and are therefore perfect for collecting viral samples.
TVD-2 can be deployed in:
- Aged care facility and point of care clinical environments where current invasive sample collectin is traumatic and dangerous.
- Sporting venues or mass events where infectivity asessment is key to getting back to business safely.
- Cross border control where immunity passports must be driven as a global standard to provide a trusted method of mitigating risk of virus spread whilst encouraging the world to reopen.
The ultimate combination of a 1-minute breath sample collection tie with a 2-minute analysis and result provides a fast, accrurate and easily deployable screening tool in almost any environment.